For Smokey's birthday Kim ordered him a Dutch Oven cake and then Smokey made the rest of us some yummy dutch oven cooking for dinner, which was very nice of him to do on his 40th birthday. I think he was a little disappointed that she didn't have a big surprise party for him since he was turning 40 but he was really surprised when two days later she had been planning a surprise trip to Las Vegas for him and several friends. We were invited but weren't able to go. 
Brodie's birthday is on November 20. This year we went to Green Canyon swimming and had barbeques and an ice cream cake.
Brodie has started dating, Brittany Beck, whose birthday is also on November 20. Brittany and a friend made Brodie this cool blanket which I thought was so thoughtful considering how much Brodie likes the Army. It had his name in the upper right corner and "Army Strong" just a little lower. It is fleece with black on the back and army camo on the front, it is very WARM! Harleigh tried really hard to steal it that first night.
And yes, my mirrors really are that dirty. Harleigh's birthday is on November 23 so on Saturday, November 21, for her party she wanted to go to Leos and the only person she wanted to invite was her cousin and best friend, Brentlie.

After they played at Leos, Brentlie came over to the house where the girls had to put on the fake nails that Brentlie had given to Harleigh as part of her present and they watched the rest of her present the movie UP, with, of course, Harleigh's favorite thing popcorn.

On Harleigh's actual birthday, November 23, we went to Craigo's for dinner and then finished it all off with some more cake and ice cream.

And, of course, they have to stand in front of the same cabinet every year so that we can see how much they have grown. Um, I'm wondering how much more Brodie is going to grow, he can no longer use the treadmill in our basement because if he inclines it his head hits the ceiling.



This year's birthdays were/are a little emotional for me. Brodie turned 17 and Harleigh turned 8. This Saturday Harleigh will be baptized. WOW, my kids are growing up!!



7 comments:
First...I LOVE your new family pictures!!! They are amazing! Second, holy moly lots of birthdays! I think that its crazy and chaotic and too much cake when we have Sept, Oct, Nov, and then a Dec birthdays. By Burks birthday we are sick of cake. What fun you guys looked like you have been having and yes your kids are growing up WAY too fast. Even I have noticed all their changes.
I also love your new pics. They are so great! Congrats on making it through November birthday extravaganza!! Now only Christmas and that will be a walk in the park compared to all those parties!
Party party party! You sure do have a lot of birthdays in November! Crazy!!!! I'm glad everyone had fun though!
whoa that is a lot of birhtdays! WEIRD I can't believe how big your kids are, I seriously remember when they were so young, it makes me feel old!
my mom said the baptism was really neat. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure Harleigh was beautiful. she also mentioned Brodie has a really cute girlfriend ;) I love your new family pictures on the side.
P.S. no would have noticed the mirror. besides that's what every surface in my house is like. I think it's called busy raising kids.
You are SO funny...."and yes my mirrors really are that dirty" HAHA i love it. And I LOVE your new family pics, so cute! You did alot of partying in November, holy cow! Harleigh is so dang cute...watch out boys! (sorry colette that probably isn't helping you with the whole growing up thing:))
Post a Comment