Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ready for the LAMB


Seriously I debated on this post because I hate to complain and I know that there are others who I would never want to trade their trials for my own, but I decided, hey, we've survived most of the problems so I will document our January and February and most likely I've forgotten some of the trials, THANK GOODNESS.

You know the saying "In like a lion, and out like a lamb", well seriously the months of January and February have been an accumulation of lions, tigers, and bears and if March brings just a lion and goes out like a lamb, it's got to be better.

I woke up the other day, trying to be positive, and said instead of wondering what is going to go wrong now I'll just say "what will my adventure for today be", yeah and all that did was bring on more adventure. Here are a few of our trials:
  • The steering column in Brodie's pickup went out, $175.00 repair job.
  • Two days later the brakes in Brodie's pickup went out, $500.00 repair job.
  • The water pump in my car went out, $500.00 repair job.
  • A trip to the emergency room for Todd. Luckily it was his gallbladder. I know, I know people think "luckily" but in his case I was glad it wasn't his heart.
  • Possible gallbladder surgery.
  • Lots of tests on the gallbladder only to find out that Todd had actually passed the gallstone, which we had never heard of before. That explained the pain he was in the night we went to the emergency room.
  • Learning that my babysitter of 17+ years is going to slowly be tending less. Now, she is my kids second mom, my counselor, my mentor, and a VERY, VERY good friend. I cried!!! But seriously this is a good thing for her and HELLO she is just across town and I can go see her anytime. I always told her that she had to babysit until Harleigh got out of kindergarten, which, um, Harleigh is in the 2nd Grade and she is going to be tending her until school gets out. The bad of this, Jayce will be helping watch Harleigh this summer so hopefully they won't kill each other. I'm seriously praying for no 911 calls, which I will overhear on the scanner at work.
  • Me, off work, for a week with Bronchitis.
  • Kids sick off and on and out of school.
  • Brodies' first traffic accident.
  • Brodie's pickup vandalized twice, once in the high school parking lot and once right in front of our house. NICE!!
  • My parents have been gone this winter, enjoying warmer weather. Harleigh cries each night for their return.
  • A few trips to the chiropractor.
  • A root canal.
  • Inner ear infection, which, if anyone knows me usually puts me down for a day or two.
  • Brodie learned that he will not be able to join the Army, which we were afraid of, because of his heart. Now, this is the boy that REALLY, REALLY wanted to join the Army and is dealing with the twist this gives him in life.
  • Several deaths and illnesses of close friends and family.
  • Last, we have learned that Todd's step-dad has cancer. This is one trial that we have not gotten through and it will be something that we will be dealing with. Right now we are waiting for more news from the doctors about additional tests. Without surgery, the prognosis is not good. This has been very difficult and the entire family is trying to deal with the news.

Those are a few of the trials that the past two months have brought. I've left off a few trials some because I hate to type them and some to protect the innocent :) I mean who's counting the phone calls from teachers, not me!! But, like I said I'm ready for the LAMB!! Please March be kind to us and everyone else, because I've heard of so many people going through difficult times right now!! And, to January and February, "hit the road Jack and don't you come back no more, no more, no more!!!"

And possibly this will explain why you haven't seen me as much the past two months, I've been curled up in my bedroom in the fetal position. I LOVE winter NOT!!!!

4 comments:

Amber said...

oh dang! It seems like no one has had a good Jan. or Feb. but you sure have had it bad! I'm so sorry and I too hope that march is better!

Angie Wood said...

I am greatful to hear about somone elses troubles. Don't get me wrong I wish you didn't have them but reading your blog made me realize things aren't as bad for me as I have been thinking. I hope you have an awesome March!!!!

Janel aka NANA said...

Holy Crap, you poor thing!! I will quit complaining about my little issues for sure. Thanks for checking on me though and and I hope that March and the rest of the year are much better for you!! Call me anytime but this week about going to Zumba, I am not going this week. You are AMAZING!!

Anonymous said...

I wish I was there to give you a great big hug! I agree lets leave the first 3 months of this year in the past.