Okay, I've definitely been "Missing in Action" lately!! Holy cow I haven't updated this blog forever!! SORRY!! Life has just taken over lately. I finally posted lawn mowing pictures from last month, oh well better late than never, RIGHT? Should I post Harleigh's field day at the end of school, HUM??!!
A friend of ours was telling me everything she was doing to get ready for a reunion on the 4th of July, I thought "wow is she ever organized, preparing so far in advance" but then I looked at the calendar and it is next weekend!! YIKES!! So, since it has been SO LONG since I updated, and I'm sure you've missed me, here is a Tuesday Thoughts and Tidbits of some fun 4th of July ideas I've run across. Thought if I posted them I might actually put some into action, I'm ready to plan some fun things for our family to do over the birthday of our country this 4th of July.
Who can't love Tip Junkie, here is a link to the site. There are tons of fun ideas on there. Fourth of July Ideas from Tip Junkie.
U Create has a cute flag to make U Create.
You can always count on Family Fun for some fun ideas Fourth of July Ideas from Family Fun.
Some ideas from Budget Decorator on your front porch Fourth of July Porch from Budget Decorator.
Not only will you love this site for 4th of July ideas but for ideas the whole year through, this is one of my favorites Parties and Holidays.
And, of course, you've gotta have food so here are some fun ideas from Betty Crocker.
And a few more for you to check out:
Celebrations
Apples For the Teacher
Food Network
Kaboose
Martha Stewart
Secrets of Super Mommy
If you're cooking for a crowd or just taking a sidedish to a BBQ, this is a handy chart from Betty Crocker Amounts For a Crowd.
And here is a little "tidbit" about the 4th of July
"Also known as Independence Day, the federal holiday commemorates the adoption of the Declaration of Independence by the Second Continental Congress on July 4, 1776, the culmination of the decades-long American Revolution. The actual vote to sever ties between the 13 colonies and the Kingdom of Great Britain took place two days earlier. But it was on July 4 that Congress approved the formal statement explaining its decision to break free and form a new nation. That document, the Declaration of Independence, was prepared by a committee headed by Thomas Jefferson. Contrary to popular belief, the congressional delegates did not sign the Declaration on July 4, but several weeks later. Still, because the statement was adopted on July 4, that date became forever associated with the Unites States' independence from the British Empire. The 4th of July's history as a holiday is one of long-standing tradition. As early as 1777, Americans celebrated their independence on the 4th. In 1870, the U.S. Congress made Independence Day an unpaid holiday for federal employees. In 1938 it became a paid federal holiday. Over the years, not much has changed in the ways Americans celebrate their country's birthday. Early festivities featured 13-gun salutes, speeches, music, parades, fireworks, and red-white-and-blue bunting."
So this 4th of July, after you've checked out all my ideas, of course, go camping, enjoy a BBQ with family and friends, watch a parade, enjoy fireworks, or whatever you choose to do, don't forget those who have fought for our freedom to enjoy!!
Have a great week!!
15 years ago




1 comment:
I love the lawn mowing story! What a great friend to come and help with chores. :) Thanks for the tidbit info. I am excited to check out those sites. I am glad summer is here and can't wait to see what everyone does for the Fourth! Keep us posted!!
Post a Comment