Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Happy Winner

Yesterday was the back to school event in Madison County called Celebrate Youth at Porter Park.  The entire event is FREE!!!!  It actually is quite fun for the kids there is free ice cream, free cotton candy, free popcorn, free games, free dinner, free inflatables, yes everything is FREE!!!  But what does free also mean...A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!  Since I work at the Police Department every year we get the PRIVILEGE of making popcorn, lots and lots of popcorn!!  The actual event starts at 2:00 in the afternoon but we set up and start popping at 11:00 in the morning just so we can try to get ahead of the crowd, which it doesn't take long for them to go through what we have popped and then we are rushing just to fill a bag and hand it to them.  Let's just say I DON'T WANT to see any popcorn for a while, a long, long while.

BUT...on a much more positive note, they give away a lot of cool prizes, even a Wii and an iPod Touch.  Harleigh entered for her age group and she won a prize, not just any prize but a prize that is so fitting for Harleigh because if you know Harleigh you know she absolutely LOVES to cook.  I was busy popping popcorn but Todd was by her when they announced this prize and she just looked at him like "I wish I could win that" and sure enough they called out her name.  Todd said she jumped up the minute she heard her name.  So here is our Happy Winner.....


The only problem was that by the time we got home it was time to get ready for bed since today was the first day of school so needless to say out little Betty Crocker is waiting to bake until this weekend, it is killing her!!

3 comments:

Janiel said...

Hellllloooo! You didnt inform me of this free event? You know me and Jared are the free event people if ever there were any! How cool that Harleigh won!!! I dont think I would want to see any popcorn for awhile either!!!

blaine said...

hmmmm sounds like it was rigged an insider deal by the copper lady I think we need an ivestagation

Ashton & Co. said...

Wow! That is a great prize to win for Harleigh! She looks so cute and so are those raccoons! Glad you are back!