Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesdays Thoughts and Tidbits

Since it is Tuesday I thought I would actually post a Thoughts and Tidbit.  Today's thought is "Think Pink".  Recently a childhood friend's daughter was diagnosed with breast cancer.  Jana's daughter, Morgan, was 15 at the time she was diagnosed.  Just days after her first chemotherapy she turned 16 and last week she went to the homecoming dance with her hair shaved and a matching beanie.  I've been thinking about Morgan, her mom, and her family a lot lately and my prayers have definitely included them.  Jana has had to go through a lot of trials and if anyone can handle them positively Jana can and now, once again, her, her daughter, and their family are handling things positively.  My thoughts and prayers are with them. 

Today Morgan goes in for her second chemotherapy.  This is a picture of her before she started chemotherapy.  (I hope Jana and Kylee, her older sister, don't mind that I stole a picture from their blog.)Isn't she pretty!

 She is pretty without hair too.  This is a link to her blog.
http://www.welovemorganwatson.blogspot.com/



Now like I said Morgan's mom, Jana, and I were childhood friends. We went to school together when we were young and what is funny is my mom and Jana's mom were childhood friends too. The four of us even went to lunch together a few times. Now fast forward a bit. Jana and I both took our kids to the most wonderful babysitter there is, Sheila Gummow. Jana's sister's daughter, Nicole, and Harleigh have also gone to Sheila's together.  Sheila's daughter posted some pictures of the kids way back when. I hope that Shari doesn't mind but I stole some of her pictures too. I looked at them the other night with the kids. Brodie and Jayce have been aware of Morgan and the cancer but I think seeing the pictures brought back some memories for them too and it hit home even more. I'm even allowing them to wear their "I Love Boobies" bracelets now.







So this Tuesdays Thoughts and Tidbits is for Morgan, my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family today as she goes through chemotherapy again and this tidbit, Friday is the first of October and October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, may we all try to become a little more aware, wear pink, and think pink for Morgan and so many others !!!

1 comment:

Ashton & Co. said...

I can't believe how much Brodie looks like Harleigh when he was little! So cute! And that is so sad about Morgan. What a major trial to go through at such a young age. Keep us updated on her progress!