Seriously, I look at this blog and wonder "where have I been?" Life has always been busy but lately BUSY is an understatement.
I've posted in the past that I help with Shop With a Cop for the police department I work at, which always keeps me busy this time of year, and, of course crime does not slow down just because we are busy. To top it off, this year the Chief of Police has decided to retire so we are EXTREMELY BUSY making all of the retirement arrangements.
He gave me a box, a big box, with all of his "collections" from 1972-2010, in no organized fashion so what have I been doing? Where have I been? Organizing this scrapbook and trying to get it finished. His last day is November 30. We are having a birthday party for him on the 18th, our department party for him on the 24th, and the city party for him on the 30th.
Not to mention things at home are always BUSY!! This month, along with celebrating Thanksgiving we will celebrate Brodie's 18th birthday and Harleigh's 9th birthday along with several family members birthdays. We did manage to sneak away Saturday to Utah to see some old friends and have family pictures taken. I can't wait to see them. But as all moms know and as our friend, Karyn, reminded me "nothing brings a family together like family pictures"...talk about fun getting everyone ready and trying to wear something that somewhat matches, which Todd thinks is a waste of time but has learned to quietly put on the shirt I tell him to wear and come with a smile. Thank you Todd. The boys seem to be following in his lead just put on the shirt, smile and get if over with. Harleigh, oh no she informed me, several times, "why does everything always have to be your way Mom". So, yeah, "nothing brings a family together like family pictures"!
Anyhow, sometime I may try to update this blog but in the meantime, as I was going through the Chief's boxes I came across this picture and it brought a tear to my eye, knowing that Brodie is going to turn 18 in just a week and he is reminding us daily of his "independence". I started working at the Rexburg Police Department the year Brodie turned one, this picture was when he was a year and a half and we did a Relay for Life run/fundraiser the picture is of me, Brodie, and our Chief, Lynn Archibald. I guess the question is not "where have I been?" but "where have these years gone?"
15 years ago




2 comments:
Brodie...18! Thats just insane! Sounds like you have been EXTREMELY busy. I look like I sit on my butt all day long after reading your post. And ditto to the family photos. We are taking our Christmas card pics tonight and everyone is grumbling about it. Thankfully they know the routine also. Put this on, do as I say, smile and stop whining. Fun times!
That picture is so cute! I knew "Capt. Archibald" back then...he looks a bit different now! :) Can you believe you used to be able to hold Brodie like that? He's so big now! :)
Post a Comment