Last week I went with Harleigh and her class on a field trip to see the Mountain Men Rendevous that was at Krupp Scout Hollow. They didn't have enough room on the bus so parents had to just meet the kids there. DARN, can I just say how disappointed I was that I was not able to ride on the bus with all the kids and had to take the quiet pickup and listen to my own songs and peace and quiet!
The boys both went to this when they were in the Fourth Grade but I never went with them, it was pretty interesting, but the weather was COLD!!!! Makes me kind of sad though Harleigh will be moving onto the Middle School next year so I'm not sure that there will be any more field trips to go on.
The guns and cannon were of course the kids' favorite. This Mountain Man was very willing to pose for pictures. His hat was made out of three different skunk skins, it was kind of cool.
They actually used the cannon to chop firewood.
They also liked learning how to make fires and hearing a few stories by this Mountain Man.
This Mountain Man, "Three Beard" had some interesting stories about John Coulter and kept the kids' attention.
Finally I got Harleigh to pose for a picture!
15 years ago








No comments:
Post a Comment