In my flower garden in the front yard is a beautiful red rose bush. Every year it continues to bloom beautifully. I had to take a picture of how pretty it is right now.

The problem is, I'm not really good with rose bushes and have had several people ask me what I do to get such a beautiful rose bush. NOTHING. I'm terrible.

I know you should do all kinds of things in the fall, cover them, put hay/straw around them, fertilize, etc. I always forget in the fall and then just trim back any dead branches in the spring. This rose bush comes back beautifully every year. The reason? My Mom says that it is because it was planted with so much love. So here is the story of my rose bush. When
Jayce was in Kindergarten his class took a field trip to Lone Pine Nursery.
Jayce saw a beautiful red rose bush there that he wanted to buy for me. We finally went to Lone Pine Nursery so that he could buy me a rose bush for my birthday. We walked around from greenhouse to greenhouse until he found the PERFECT red rose bush. It had to be RED because that was the one that he saw on the field trip. The problem was that there were several red rose bushes but they were not in bloom.
Jayce had to find one that was in bloom so he could see that the rose bush was for sure red. We took it home and planted it in the spot that
Jayce picked out, right in the front flower garden. He told me that he wanted to plant it there so I could see it every day when I left so I would know he loved me. It was so cute!! When they planted it,
Jayce and Brodie brought out the post hole digger and their
Tonka trucks to help dig the hole to plant it in.

So as you can see my rose bush and
Jayce continue to grow.

I had to take this picture quick, even though the sun was shining in
Jayce's eyes, because "Mom, I'm not in Kindergarten anymore".
3 comments:
That is the sweetest story. What a great kid. We also have a rose bush that continues to bloom every year and I can't figure out why...not from care and nurturing I can tell you that.
That is the neatest story! Jayce sounds like such a sweetie pie- I love how he was so not into taking the picture cuz he's too grown up now. What a typical 13 year old! love your blog!
GREAT story - I love it! I also am a big fan of roses. What is the name of it? Did you keep the tag or anything? I'd love to know and maybe I can add one to my rose garden next year - it is so pretty!
Post a Comment