Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Friday, July 18, 2008

A Taste of Our Summer



The highlight of our summer so far has been a visit from my brother Todd's family from California. I was able to take vacation and we had a lot of fun enjoying everyone's company. We tried to do as much as we could in the short time that they were here. Golfing, floating, Riot Zone, playing games, water fun, barbeques, visiting, sleep overs at Grandpa and Grandma's, and fireworks were just some of the things we were able to do. Most of all we were able to make some memories and the kids were able to enjoy their cousins' company.

SPLASH PARK AND CAROUSEL



Harleigh, Cara and Kayla had fun cooling off at the Porter Park Splash Park. My brother Todd braved taking the rest of the kids golfing at the Municipal Golf Course. I think I got the better end of the deal. I sat in the sun and watched the girls play. After the Splash Park they took a ride on the Carousel.




We floated Box Canyon in Island Park and then from Warm River to the Ashton Bridge. I think that floating the river is always a highlight for everyone and something we try to arrange everytime my brother's family comes home. This time my sister-in-law, Tammie, arranged for a large raft from BYU-Idaho. It was great!

BOX CANYON

Dallin, Logan, and Jayce are ready for the rapids.

Maryanna and Brodie heading out.

Brodie hauling the big boat to shore.



WARM RIVER



While they are waiting to float Warm River the girls put their new Dollar Store goggles to use and looked for fish!



I'm not sure what they would have done if one would have actually swam by them?!?




Harleigh and Kayla are only six months apart in age. They were quite the buddies!


THANKS DAD AND MOM!!



We floated the river and then Dad helped tie on the boats and take us to our next destination! Mom and Dad ran the shuttle while the rest of us sat back, enjoyed the river and the scenery, and a FEW water fights.

No comments: