Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Fun ~ Part Two

After our Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday morning we went to my parents house for dinner. My brother cooked up some yummy steaks on the grill. Harleigh nabbed the camera and took about 30 pictures of him. She and Blaine LOVE to tease each other. The steaks were SO GOOD! Mom made potato salad, deviled eggs, and baked beans. I don't know what it is but NO ONE can make potato salad like Mom, no matter how hard I try and I have her recipe. Needless to say we all left VERY full.

Once we got home though Jayce and Harleigh were ready to dye Easter eggs. Brodie had to work that night so Jayce, Harleigh, and I dyed the eggs. Todd has never been too thrilled about dying the eggs so it has always been me and the kids.

I told Harleigh and Jayce to give me a smile...here is the smile Jayce gave me.
He ALWAYS keeps me laughing that is for sure!!

Harleigh's smile was a little more normal.

They dyed 48 eggs. They usually fight about there not being enough eggs so I boiled a BUNCH!!

I didn't even have to hear any fighting, they were having so much fun. I love it when they actually enjoy each other's company. I don't think they realized they were enjoying each other's company that much or I am sure they would have started fighting.

I was glad that they were so busy dying the eggs because about half way through Todd started to not feel too well. He was having chest pains and because of his past we decided we better head up to the emergency room just to be safe. Jayce just said "go ahead, I'll keep Harleigh", usually I am afraid that someone will end up dead when I leave them alone but they were SO good. They kept texting me pictures of their eggs while I was at the hospital with Todd. They even cleaned up the mess from dying eggs. When I got home the house was picked up and they were watching the movie Bolt and eating Kettle Korn. By that time Brodie had gotten home from work.

Even after our late night/early morning, the Easter Bunny still made it to our house and spoiled the kids. He left Harleigh a Webkinz bunny she named "Rainbow".

Something that everyone can use...new socks.
And new clothes, that she had to run right in and change into.
Jayce got a Lego combine. And Brodie was more interested in Jayce's combine than his own basket.
Jayce got busy putting it together.
Here is the finished combine and proud builder.

The morning was a little strange because Todd ended up having to spend the night in the hospital just so the doctor could observe him and get the results back from all of the tests they ran. Here is Harleigh calling him Easter morning.

The doctor pretty much chalked the chest pains up to angina and let him go early that afternoon. They'll run more tests this week. Luckily he was released just in time so that he could go with me and the kids to Tyson and Courtnie's for Easter dinner and an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. I'll post pictures of their hunt later.

1 comment:

Janiel said...

Ohhh I hope Todd is okay! Chest pains and scary, scary! Burkley now wants the Lego combine too(guess I shouldnt have shown him). Also super cute pictures you captured!