Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Saturday, July 18, 2009

F is for...

Finally finding time to blog. Bear with me I'm going clear back to the Fourth of July. This summer has been extremely busy and has been going extremely fast. First off can I say one fabulous thing that has happened this month is this new fence.

I have wanted a fence in our back yard since...

...this cute little boy could walk...he is now 16 and 6'4".

P A T I E N C E!!

It just seems like whenever we have been going to do it, the money has gone for something else. We put up two of the three sides, the third will be finished this spring, with our tax return. We loved having it over the Fourth of July weekend and still are loving it. We have so much privacy now . We live close to the park so it is great to be able to sit out in the back without everyone at the park being able to see us.

We enjoyed watching the parade. It goes right past our house but Harleigh and I usually walk down to the corner so that we can see the horses enter in, the horses don't go past our house, which actually is a good thing, since they usually leave something behind.

We've found a good spot, near the courthouse, and usually sit with other officers' families that I work with, so I can visit.

Watching the Veterans always makes me thankful for my freedom and for all those that have fought to keep our country free.

Todd has been busy with the Civil Air Patrol for the past few years on the Fourth of July but this year he was here to go to the parade with us. He didn't want to leave the house though as he put it "if I can't see it going past our house, it isn't worth seeing" so he stayed at the house. We actually have a lot of family that stop by to visit and watch the parade. I heard that Todd and his cousins got out the squirt guns to defend themselves against some of the float riders who had water. Not sure if I wish I would have been there for that or not, I'm sure I would have gotten wet.

Harleigh got her fill of candy at the parade.

After the parade we came home to some fun with our family, enjoying our new fence of course, and food, still enjoying our new fence of course.
Jayce is a barbequer, and he is an awesome cook. He wanted to do kabobs for the Fourth of July and they were yummy!!

Speaking of Jayce, he crashed on his bike the week earlier and then took another fall at the parade, don't you love how he and his friends bandaged it up??
One thing I love to do, especially on the Fourth of July, is proudly fly the flag.
And since this is all about "f" I'm loving how my flowers are doing this year! I finally figured out a secret that my father has been withholding from me all these years.

Harleigh has been wanting to make this cake since she saw it on John and Kate Plus Eight

So we made it to take to my parents house to eat before we watched the fireworks. Brodie went with some friends to the rodeo and fireworks. Jayce went with his good friend, Jake Wood, and his family to Idaho Falls to watch the fireworks. Jayce has been tagging along with the Woods for a few years now, I think Jayce thinks it is "his" tradition to go with them and who am I to break tradition. Harleigh and I went to my parents to watch the fireworks. Todd stayed home, hum is that becoming tradition?
Don't you love the new piece of furniture that Brodie came back with after the fireworks. His friends put it in the back of the pickup to watch fireworks. It is now a donation at Deseret Industries.
Since the boys were out with friends the evening of the Fourth of July we lit our fireworks the next night.

We had a great Fourth of July and I am so thankful for the freedom that I am able to enjoy. I am so thankful for the price that has been and is being paid so that I can enjoy my freedom.

1 comment:

Amber said...

what a fun post! i am so glad to hear that i'm not the only one who will dream of a fence for that long cuz i'm beginning to think it might actually be just that long:) haha. It's hard to fork out that much money for a fence but the privacy would be oh so worth it. i'm glad you had a good fourth, the pics are cute!