Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Fall Fun and Sunday Suppers

Two Saturdays ago the weather was gorgeous so I decided we should finally dig up the flowers that were black from being frozen and empty my pots on the front deck. I REALLY didn't want to empty the pots of flowers because they had been so pretty this year, but they weren't so pretty any more. I also had the boys mow the lawn for the last time of the year and we raked leaves.

Harleigh started raking leaves at our neighbors and had the only big rake. Jayce was a little upset, as you can see from his facial expression, that Harleigh wouldn't just give up the big rake for him. Honest, he never actually hit her with the rake, just getting out a little frustration.
Later Harleigh figured out a better way and told him he could have the big rake, then she went and got the leaf blower.

Jayce was very happy to smile for a picture while mowing lawn.
And what's raking leaves without having fun jumping and playing in them?

The past two Sundays these two chefs and offered to barbeque steaks for dinner. It has been SO nice, all I've had to do is throw in the baked potatoes and they've done the rest, even set the table. I had to hurry and take a picture of them though, just in case their chef days don't last. I am going to pick up some steaks for Sunday in hopes that they are going to make this a weekly occurrence! One problem, the weather is getting a little colder.

2 comments:

Janiel said...

Great leaf pics...your kids have so much personality! Also LOVE how you put halloween costumes on the sidebar picture of your family. So creative!

Sherah said...

Success! Finally I can view your blog! Send them over and I will provide the stakes!