Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Harvestfest

Saturday before last, October 10, I decided to go to Harvestfest in Idaho Falls with Jayce and Harleigh. I invited Kim and Brentlie to come along and the weather cooperated for Harvestfest, but not for Potato Harvest. It was too cold to dig potatoes so Kim and Brentlie were able to come with us to Harvestfest, which, surprisingly, the weather was actually beautiful for. The girls went on a barrel ride and a train ride.
I've never been before and it was pretty fun. They had a lot of free activities for the kids. The girls, of course, had to get their faces painted. Brentlie kept making me take pictures of her "happy" cat so she could see how it looked on her face.

They had inflatables that you had to pay for, which was worth it because I bribed Jayce into watching Harleigh and Brentlie so that Kim and I could look at the craft booths. I had to pay him extra to take pictures, still worth it!
They also had a free small hay maze, took about a second for the kids to get through, but they liked it.
They had a horse drawn wagon for us to go on rides.

They had some old cars on display, which, of course, was the highlight for Jayce.
As part of my bribe I gave Jayce some money to buy a hat because they had some really cool ones I knew he would like for 2 for $20 and instead he bought this stocking cap for $2. When Kim and I found out it was only $2 we went back to get some more for Colbie and Brodie but they were gone, guess we should have asked him the price sooner. Harleigh and Brentlie are cousins, but the two of them are best of friends.

It was a fun day, definately something we'll have to try again next year.

6 comments:

Amber said...

FUN! Was that the day i cut your hair cuz that was one cold day! I love all the pics, i will have to try to take my kids next year. i didn't know it would have so many fun things.

Morrows said...

WHAT? I have lived in Idaho Falls for 10 years and I didn't know this existed! Looks like so much fun! We will have to check it out next year!

aubreeann said...

oh ill still work alot but i think ill do some night classes and do homework in the down time at work? who knows though!! but looks like fun! Your kids are adorable!

Kim said...

We had soooo much fun!! Thanks Colette for inviting Brentlie and I.. Next yr. count on us going again... And yes Harleigh and Brentlie are truley Best of Friends..

Mike and Bridgett said...

That looks so fun! I think Jace should be rewarded for being so thrifty! :)

Janel aka NANA said...

I am just catching up on reading people's blog. I have come to the conclusion that you might possibly be the most fun mom ever!! You are amazing!!