Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Friday, January 1, 2010

The ABC's of 2009




I can't believe that the year 2009 has come to an end and we are beginning 2010. What will 2010 bring? Here is an ABC summary of our family's 2009 year.
  • A - is for Anniversary. Todd and I celebrated our 20th Anniversary this year.

  • B - is for Braces. Both Brodie and Jayce got braces this year.

  • C - is for Camping, something that our family enjoys each year. C is also for Civil Air Patrol, something that Todd and the boys are involved in.

  • D - is for Dance, Harleigh is enjoying it again this year. Of course D is also for our family name Davison.

  • E - is for Eight. Harleigh turned eight and was baptized this year.

  • F - is for Fence. WHOO HOO finally fenced our back yard.

  • G - is for Glider Flights. Brodie flew a couple of glider flights in Civil Air Patrol this year. G is also for Graduation. Our nieces Ashlie and Maryanna graduated from high school this year.

  • H - is for Hair. Harleigh decided to grow out her bangs and hair this year and I am thankful for highlights to hide my grey hair.

  • I - I am thankful for the many blessings our family has been shown.

  • J - is for Jayce and Brodie finally, after years of asking, getting their own snow boards this year for Christmas.

  • K - Kind of hard for me to have Brodie go on his first date, decide he wants to enlist in the Army, and realize that time is going quickly and he will turn 18 in 2010.

  • L - is for Love. I love my family and friends! Also for Look Forward to what the future holds.

  • M - is for May and Bischs theme "Where Memories Begin" when my parents camper caught fire the first time they used it this year.

  • N - is for Nintendo DS, which Harleigh got this year for Christmas.

  • O - is for Oklahoma where Brodie got to go this year with his Grandma Neigh and cousin, Colbie.

  • P - is for Pickup. Brodie got a pickup this year. It is also for Pierced because Harleigh got her ears pierced this year.

  • Q - is for Quickly. Like I said above, we realize how quickly our children are growing up.

  • R - is for Reunion. Todd's 25 Year Class Reunion was this year along with several family reunions.

  • S - is for Steak, something Jayce loves to cook and practiced quite a bit this year.

  • T - is for Train. Todd, Jayce, Harleigh and I took a ride on a train this year.

  • U - is for Umbrella. Most of June was spent under one as it rained a lot in June this year.

  • V - is for Veterans and the events we have participated in to honor them.

  • W - is for Wedding, my niece Maryanna was married this year and also for Welcome Home, my nephew Michael came home from his mission.

  • X - is for X-ray, one of which showed that Jayce had fractured his growth plate.

  • Y - is for Year, this post welcomes in a New Year.

  • Z - is for "Zums" that "Zums" it up!!

We hope that you have a wonderful New Year! I always wonder at the beginning of the New Year what it will bring for us, both good and bad, and of course I am wishing for the best!

6 comments:

Amber said...

That was cute! I don't know if i could think of that many cool things. I'm glad you had a good year! I also look forward to this one and I hope things get a little better in the economy.

Mike and Bridgett said...

That was AMAZING!! I love your ABC summary. I hope this year brings some fun things with it. Can't wait to see what you guys are up to next! :)

Ashton & Co. said...

That was so creative and cute! I loved reading it. Good job! SOunds like you had a GREAT year last year!

Rowbury Adventures said...

what a creative post I love it! It sounds like you had a great year in 2009! Hope this ones just as great

Morrows said...

What a cute idea! I am not sure I could think of that many things for all the letters in the alphabet!

Anonymous said...

cute! what a fun way to remember a year