Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Our New Years Eve

We don't usually do a lot on New Years Eve but the kids ALWAYS want sparkling cider and poppers. We usually open up the cider at midnight and the kids pull the poppers shooting confetti all over the house. This year Brodie was going to the college to a tri-stake New Years Eve party so I told the kids I wanted a picture of all of them before Brodie left. They gladly opened up a sparkling cider early and this was the pose I got. Seriously it was non-alcoholic although their pose, especially Jayce, would make one wonder.
We started playing some games and then one of Jayce's friends called and wanted him to come over to his house so Brodie left and Todd took Jayce to his friends and it was just Todd, Harleigh and I. Harleigh pretty much summed it up when she said "Mom, it just isn't the same without my brothers." So true I hate that the kids are growing up but am glad that they have good friends to spend time with. Harleigh settled in beating me at Crazy 8's and waiting patiently for midnight to come. She fights with her brothers constantly but misses them so much when they are gone.

2 comments:

Janiel said...

I just had to laugh out loud at the pic! So cute they are! For some reason, pics of your kids always seem to make me smile. You can really see their expressions on their faces!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the looks on their faces would make you wonder if they were a bit tipsy...so fun! Happy New Year!