Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Worst Mom Moment

Yesterday Harleigh had dance so I told her to come straight home from school. I left at my usual time to pick her up, but somehow in me getting across town and her teacher letting them out a little early she made it home before me and was sitting on the back step SOBBING, we're talking bit huge crocodile tears! I felt SO bad. Usually I have to wait for her and NEVER thought I'd be late. Yup it was one of those feelings of I am the worst mom, you know a "Worst Mom Moment". I have them quite often!! She sobbed "I can't go to dance". I had arranged to take the rest of the afternoon off, thinking that we were going to dance, so we went in the house and got two of Harleigh's favorites...

Then we settled into the recliner with a blanket and after about a half hour she felt much better! She did tell me AGAIN though that if she just had a cell phone she could call me.

4 comments:

Janiel said...

Oh, the crocodile tears! Those are the worst! I always wonder how something so little make such big tears. By the way...definatly NOT a bad mother moment-just a bad traffic problem. Hey, sometime we really do need to meet up! I would love, love to meet you in person!

Ashley's Cakes by Design said...

Gosh mom just give her a cell phone! :o) Lexi asked me on Sunday since she was big enough to go to Primary now if she could drive too! What gives them all these grown up ideas!? :o) Don't we love our girls! :o)

Controlling My Chaos said...

I've had that Mom moment too. I felt like such a loser, but the worst part was seeing my baby so upset. That and thinking about the possibility that someone could have come and nabbed her in the couple of minutes that I wasn't on the job.

Thanks for inviting me to your blog. I enjoyed reading about your family.

Mike and Bridgett said...

Poor Harleigh. I have had several of those "mom moments". I wonder if my kids will grow up normal??? It is funny because Michelle said that Sadie has asked for a cell phone for the past 2 or 3 Christmas'. We haven't had that request yet!