Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Pierced Ears

Yesterday Harleigh decided that she wanted to get her ears pierced. She has been debating this for the past year and was VERY nervous about it. She always said that she would go when her Dad could hold her hands, because "he holds my hands better than you Mom".

Thursday night she started talking about it and yesterday she came out all ready to go and said "today, I'm getting my ears pierced". I was a little surprised because Todd was out of town in Boise with Brodie to a CAP encampment. I figured if she was that determined, because when Harleigh sets her minds to something she is DETERMINED, that we better go.

The two of us went to Idaho Falls to Claires and got her ears pierced.

Here she is in the chair, a little nervous.
The lady marking where they would pierce, a lot more nervous!!
And after they were finished. She was a little teary eyed but then kept saying "I can't believe I finally got my ears pierced!"


And, of course, they are pink flowers, her favorite color.

We made it a great day for the two of us. I've never had a pedicure done and everyone tells me it will help with my cracked heals so I decided to splurge for one. Harleigh got her toenails and fingernails painted and then we finished the day with lunch. Harleigh told me it was a "great girls day, with no boys".

4 comments:

Janiel said...

What a right of passage! I remember getting mine pierced and I remember I was SOOO nervous! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

You're such a fun mom!!

blaine said...

so how long did the airleak last from pokin holes in little colette's ears

Controlling My Chaos said...

That is the sweetest thing. I got both of my girls' ears pierced when they were babies, so I missed out on this girlie experience. Harleigh is so cute and I love that you had a whole girls day out.