Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

One Year Old

Today my blog is one year old. I can't believe that a year has flown by already. Can I just say I love blogging, I'm actually capturing some of the memories of my children, family, and friends. I only wish blogging would have been around when Brodie was first born because I love how all of you document your babies everyday moments as they crawl, walk, and all of those "firsts". Although my children still have a lot of "firsts" I would give anything to have documented their early years like I know blogging would have made me do. I've taken SO many pictures, as family and friends will testify, documenting our memories, and driving them crazy.

I also have gotten to know so many people in the "blogging world" as I "stalk" their blogs. Some I haven't even met in person but feel like they are some of my best friends. I find that I feel a part of your lives and am happy for you in the good times and sad with you in the bad times.

I posted this poem in one of my first posts, so I have to share it again.

Ice cream melts, flowers wilt,
the leaves of autumn fall.
Sunsets fade, seasons change,
and children don't stay small.
Balloons pop, snowfalls stop;
do Summer's last? Never!
Weekends fly, today will die, but...
FAMILIES ARE FOREVER


I love that quote, it sums up how I feel "weekends fly", heck this summer is flying by but my family will be forever and I am thankful for each day I have with them and the "little moments" that blogging makes me capture and be thankful for.

So, Happy Birthday Blog and speaking of blog, I have a whole lot of catching up to do this week. I think I'll use my camera to catch up as I go back through the photographs since I last blogged.
Have a great week everyone!!

7 comments:

Janiel said...

Happy Blog Birthday!!! So exciting. I remember when you were just super new to the blogger world. Man a year went fast!

Mike and Bridgett said...

A year really does fly by and it is so fun to go back and look at what was happening a year ago on people's blogs. I should check mine out and see what was happenin'! You rock!!

Holly said...

Happy Blog Birthday! :) It is the best isn't it?! :)

Controlling My Chaos said...

Happy Blogiversary!

I didn't even know blogs existed when my girls were babies. I wish I would have known and done that documenting too. What a great vehicle for recording our lives.

Ashton & Co. said...

Blogging is SO much fun! I am glad you decided to join in one year ago! Great pictures! Can't wait to see Harleigh's pretty earrings! Love all the pics! Hope you are having a great summer!

Chris said...

Happy Blog Birthday!! I love blogging too...and love "meeting" great people like you! I too wish blogging would've been around when my older ones were little...it's so easy to write about all the fun things they do, grab a picture, and have it forever! I hope to get mine into a book here soon! Hope you are havin' a great summer!

Anonymous said...

Happy blogging! I just caught up on your summer and it has been busy! I love the 4th of July pictures. Your fence is beautiful. Keep the updates coming.