The kids posed by this "huge" pumpkin. Notice Jayce's pose, he told Sheila "you might as well just pose and get it over with, she'll keep bugging you". Hum, do you think he was talking to me?? Didn't work for Dave's son Conner though, he wouldn't pose for me by the huge pumpkin. Brodie and Dave's daughter Lidia were along later but I couldn't get pictures of them either.






I've never been to U Pick Red Barn before but my blogging buddy, Janiel, told me about it last year and it was a lot of fun. We picked pumpkins, the kids went through a straw maze, and there was a train for the kids to ride on. 

After picking pumpkins we went back to our house to carve pumpkins and make sure that Sheila was able to get into the "guts" of carving pumpkins.


We had chili and Dave roasted pumpkin seeds, which I have never had before and must admit that they were pretty tasty. We then headed out to the straw maze. I've never been before. The boys have been several times but this was the first for Todd, Harleigh, and I and I seriously wondered if we were ever going to get out. Luckily a couple of college students came back in to rescue their friends so we could follow them out.
Which wasn't a moment too soon, we were all cold and ready for a much needed cup of hot chocolate. We finished the day off at our house with more hot chocolate and games on the Wii.



No comments:
Post a Comment