Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Rexburg Police Department's Campout

This past weekend we had my work's campout. It was the second annual campout. Since Todd was still trying to recupperate from the hospital and starting the blood thinners and I got a DANG ear infection, we didn't go camping. I was BUMMED and so were my kids. We did go up and spend the day Saturday though and the kids had a lot of fun. We went to Big Elk Campground by the Palisades Dam. I LOVED this campground. There was creek running near where we were cooking. The scenery was beautiful. There were NO mosquitos! GO FIGURE?! I think everyone had a good time. My kids didn't want to go home Saturday night though and wanted to stay. I felt bad, I wanted to stay too, but I just didn't have it in me throughout the week to get ready to go camping. I hope we are all healthy for next year's campout!

The kids found all kinds of things to do from biking, hiking, fishing, playing in the dirt and creek they pretty much kept busy. It is kind of nice because we all have kids around the same age so there is always someone for everyone to do something with.



Hadley and Jayce went biking.

Jayce attempted some fishing in the creek. There were boat docks near our campground for the Palisades reservoir but they were pretty busy to hang out and fish from so he enjoyed the creek better.

Ashtyn and Harleigh enjoying the hammock.

And of course what kid doesn't love dirt. Harleigh, Amanda, and Ashtyn playing in it.

Carley, Harleigh, Hailey, and Lidia "chilling" in the creek. The creek was COLD, I was told, I didn't step foot in it.

And for the "true" camper there was XBox and movies in the campers.

Corey cooked us up some of his ribs for Saturday night dinner and they were DELICIOUS!

Harleigh had them from ear to ear M'MMM, M'MMM, GOOD!

We enjoyed the campfire, talking, and, of course, SMORES!!

And the big boys managed to find something to entertain them that night.

1 comment:

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad you were able to go- those ribs look awesome and so is the picture of Harleigh with them all over her face! Cute!