Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SNOW MUCH FUN???

"Snowmen are the closest thing to a perfect man - they're cute, they're well rounded, and they know what to do with a broom!" - Unknown

Okay, I don't know about the rest of you but this snow has got me DOWN! Maybe it is the cold and the snow combined. But to try to be a little more positive I looked up some fun things to do in the snow and thought I would share them with you.


  1. Snow sculpting
  2. Ice sculpting
  3. Make snow angels
  4. Make snow people
  5. Skiing
  6. Cross country skiing
  7. Sledding
  8. Make a fort
  9. Have a snowball fight
  10. Make a big snowball
  11. Snow skating
  12. Snowboarding
  13. Write in snow with finger
  14. Shovel snow
  15. Snowmobile
  16. Take pictures of snow
  17. Catch snowflakes on your tongue
  18. Learn to figure skate
  19. Bobsled
  20. Ice Hockey
  21. Play Ice Hockey with brooms and a ball
  22. Dog Sledding
  23. Go Tobogganing
  24. Blow snow with your snow blower
  25. Make snow ice cream
  26. Make snow nog
  27. Eat icicles
  28. Balance icicles on nose
  29. Plow snow
  30. Take a walk in the snow
  31. Shake snow off trees
  32. Eat snow, just not the yellow snow
  33. Make snow cones
  34. Identify different snow flakes
  35. Write in snow with stick
  36. Make snow soup
  37. Dig a hole in snow
  38. Try speed skating
  39. Snow tubing
  40. Make snow sculptures and color by spraying with food coloring
  41. Make a snow castle
  42. Jump into the snow, if it is deep enough
  43. Pull the kids on a sled
  44. Put out a bird feeder
  45. Make bird feeders with pine cones, peanut butter, and bird seed
  46. Look for animal footprints
  47. Blow bubbles in the snow, add food coloring and see the different patterns as they land on the snow
  48. Go on an ice cube scavenger hunt: use food coloring, freeze ice cubes of one color or several colors, hide the cubes in the snow and let the kids try to find them
  49. Play tag
  50. Play footprint tag by stepping in others’ footprints
  51. Catch snowflakes on a black sheet of paper. Put it into the freezer until cold then take outdoors and use a magnifying glass to view snowflakes that land on the paper
  52. Ice fishing
  53. Snowshoeing
  54. Icicle sword fight
  55. Shovel snow off your roof, then it will be deep enough to jump into

But, of course, the best part about playing in the snow is this:


Hope this gives you some ideas to TRY to enjoy the weather! I'm REALLY trying to be positive!

3 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

GREAT ideas! I am going to have my kids try some of them today since we have early out! I wonder what kind of damage would be done if I let them have an icicle sword fight?...

Janiel said...

Love the snowman quote at the top. So funny! I too am SOOO tired of this weather. I dont mind the snow so much...its the cold. I would love snow if it was 80 degrees outside!

Ashley's Cakes by Design said...

Wow I'm impressed! :o) I think hot chocolate was my only positive about snow. :o) I took the kids outside the other day and it took longer to get them all dressed than we spent outside...oh the memories. :o) I guess everyone in the city must have been praying for snow for Sat...I'm blaming them for the six more months of winter. :o)