Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Celebrating Valentine's Day All Week Long

Wow I feel like we have been celebrating all week long. Wednesday Harleigh and I made Valentine's Day cards for her to take to her school class and also for her to take to a party at Sheila's. We've usually just purchased them at the store and had her write them out but I must say I think that both of us had fun putting these together and spending some time together. I think we'll have to do it again next year.

Now in the other room, in the background of this picture, Todd was working on getting things together for taxes. I don't think he was feeling a lot of LOVE at the time.

Thursday night we made sugar cookies to take to her school party. I was helping with the party and we took plain sugar cookies for the kids to decorate. On Friday I took some time off of work to help with her party. I think the kids had a lot of fun. Harleigh loves when I come to her class and begs me to help with her parties. This was the first one that I have helped with this year though. I've been too slow to volunteer in the past and other moms have already volunteered. Harleigh reminded me quite a bit about volunteering for the Valentine's Day party.
Todd and the kids surprised me with flowers on Friday. I was really surprised. They are so beautiful. Harleigh told Todd that they also needed to buy me a balloon to go with the flowers.Todd and I used a gift card that I got at Christmas to Applebees and went out to dinner for Valentine's Day. We decided we better go on Friday night, when it wasn't so crowded. We don't go out often for a nice dinner so it was definitely a nice treat. We got the kids McDonalds and took them to Grandma and Grandpa Bagleys house. I know some would think they are old enough to stay home by themselves but if I want all three alive I CANNOT leave Harleigh home with the boys. Jayce felt a little jipped that he got chicken nuggets and we got steak. I didn't even feel guilty! Besides he was pretty much teasing. They love to go down and play games and hang out with Grandma and Grandpa. It was nice two hour break for Todd and I.

Saturday morning Harleigh and I "heart attacked" the house. She had fun putting hearts everywhere. I usually do it the night before but once we got home from dinner I completely spaced it so she helped and thought it was fun. She made sure she got hearts EVERYWHERE, this is just a small portion of the hearts throughout the house.

We made "heart french toast". The boys were not too sure about the red food coloring that I added but everyone still ate up.
We had Brentlie come over on Valentine's Day and her and Harleigh had fun decorating sugar cookies left over from the party. They also colored in some Valentine's coloring books I made them and then played with some play dough that we made.
They also hung out in Harleigh's play house. These two pictures cracked me up. One of them reading and the other of Brentlie being Harleigh's baby. I'm not sure how Brentlie even fit in that little doll crib.

I've been promising Harleigh that we would go to Arctic Circle and play in their new Play Zone. We spent a LITTLE, actually a LOT, of time there.
It was rather difficult to get the two of them to pose for a picture, but I tried. They were just too busy playing to stop for the camera. Actually every time I tried to take a picture of them another little girl would come up and smile. She really wanted her picture taken too. It was kind of funny, but VERY, VERY annoying to Harleigh. Harleigh didn't appreciate the little girl trying to play with HER cousin, Brentlie.

It is a good thing that Harleigh and Brentlie will pose for pictures. The boys weren't around much so I have no pictures of them this weekend. I did get a picture of the treats that I gave the kids. CHOCOLATE isn't that what every kid wants. Jayce was gone most of the day snow boarding with a friend and Brodie had to work at Craigo's.

I'm glad that I had a lot of fun with Harleigh, and Brentlie too, but I realize how much my boys have grown up it makes me a little sad that they aren't little any more.

Anyhow, I hope that all of you had a good Valentine's Day/Week and this week is a good one too. We have tomorrow off work for President's Day so it is starting off good!!!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Looks like a fun weekend!

Janiel said...

It looks like you had the funnest Valentines!!!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I looks like you get into Valentine's Day. Fun. It's one of my favorite holidays because everything is so cute.

Mike and Bridgett said...

All I can say is BEST mom ever!! I keep thinking how quickly my kids are growing up and it makes me sad too. I love reading your blog when I get the chance!