Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Thursday, October 30, 2008

FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS

This past weekend was my babysitter's birthday. HAPPY BE-LATED BIRTHDAY Sheila. I'm hoping that Kristen and Shari will help you to read my blog.

The kids and I stopped over on Monday to take her a gift and I told her that I have never had a picture of her with all three kids so we convinced her to pose for one. I can't believe that she once held Brodie as a six week old baby. He is so tall next to Sheila now! She is the BEST she has watched my children since Brodie was six weeks old. I've taken all three of them as babies for her to take care of and she's been taking care of them ever since. She is such an IMPORTANT part of my kids life and will ALWAYS be an important part of our family. WE LOVE HER!! Even now my kids love to go to Sheila's house, although Harleigh is actually the only one who still goes. Jayce likes to spend a day or an afternoon with Sheila. Harleigh calls her "my second Mom" or "grandma, even though she's not old like grandma". Sometimes when the boys' behavior is not the best I think "they need to go see Sheila". She has been such a good friend to me and given me advice and helped me through some really tough times. She has made such a difference in my life. I don't think that I can ever thank her for all that she has done!




I found this poem and really liked it only I think that it can also say that Sheila you will be forever in our hearts.



FOREVER IN MY HEART

Although I'm not their mother
I care for them each day,
I cuddle, sing and read to them
And watch them as they play.

I see each new accomplishment,
I help them grow and learn.
I understand their language,
I listen with concern.
They come to me for comfort,
And I kiss away their tears.
They proudly show their work to me,
I give the loudest cheers!

No, I 'm not their mother,
But my role is just as strong.
I nurture them and keep them safe,
Though maybe not for long.

I know someday the time will come,
When we will have to part.
But I know each child I cared for,
Is forever in my heart!
~~~ Author Unknown~~~

1 comment:

Shari said...

What can I say. You left me in tears. I love your family like my own. Love, Sheila