A lot of time I call Brodie " Brodie B.", just because I like how it sounds and have said "Brodie B." since he was little. Harleigh wanted to know why I always call him that because "it isn't his name!" So I had to explain to her that he didn't have a middle name, only the initial. We talked about middle names, initials, and our family's names. As my previous posts have said Jayce's full name is Todd Jayce. Harleigh's full name is Harleigh Rose. My full name is Colette Rose. Harleigh wanted to know if her Grandma's middle name was Rose as in Grandma Rose. I just had to laugh.
I've noticed this past week that Harleigh is including initials on all of her papers. Quite often she mails letters to Grandma and Grandpa Bagley, even though they just live across town. Yesterday Grandma received a letter from Harleigh. Usually her letters are a drawing of them and her but this time it also had initials. My mom was a little confused because the initials were DHR, which would be Davison Harleigh Rose. When I asked Harleigh about the initials she said "those are mine and I can write them any way that I want Mom".
I like this quote, maybe because there is a lot to truth to it.
"Any child can tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he is in trouble."
I always knew Colette Rose Bagley meant I was in trouble!



1 comment:
That is so cute! I don't have a middle name, but my sister was named after both of my great grandmas. Names are so interesting to hear where they come from!
Post a Comment