Does anyone remember wearing sponge rollers? I remember my Mom putting them in my hair. The worst thing was if we had somewhere special to go on a Saturday night and she would put them in my hair in the morning and I would have to go out to play in them all day. Talk about embarrassing. Now that I am a Mom I realize that they really can make things easier in the morning. So I occasionally torture Harleigh and have her wear them. But I haven't tortured her to wear them out to play yet, not sure I can do that having experienced my own embarrassment!
It makes fixing her hair SO much easier the next morning. Only problem is occasionally we get the Shirley Temple look.
I guess I am getting old because neither Harleigh nor my boys had a clue who Shirley Temple was. I can't be the only one who remembers Shirley Temple can I?
Then when I got older I got a set of hot rollers that I still like to use. My SWEET big brothers would tease me that the roller clips were antennas and I was communicating with the aliens. NICE!


It makes fixing her hair SO much easier the next morning. Only problem is occasionally we get the Shirley Temple look.
I guess I am getting old because neither Harleigh nor my boys had a clue who Shirley Temple was. I can't be the only one who remembers Shirley Temple can I?
Then when I got older I got a set of hot rollers that I still like to use. My SWEET big brothers would tease me that the roller clips were antennas and I was communicating with the aliens. NICE!



2 comments:
Oh, I remember those sponge rollers all too well. I remeber I hated sleeping in them cause they hurt. I am sure when I get a little girl I will pass down the tradition as well.
I totally remember roller days. It always took some time to figure out how to lay your head down so none of the rollers would poke into your head.
Post a Comment