On Tuesday night we bundled up for Jayce's football game. It was a little cold that night. It was a really good game though, the winner went to the championship game. We lost by a touch down so we are now finished with football for the year. I actually got Jayce to pose for a close up. Too bad I had him smiling into the sun though, but I had to take it quick because "hurry and take it Mom before all the guys come".
The kids went back to school from the spud harvest break on Thursday. I had to keep reminding Jayce and Harleigh that they had to be in bed early Wednesday night. They both had gotten used to staying up late and had gotten out of the bedtime routine. Todd and Brodie were up helping in harvest so they didn't get home until late.
Thursday afternoon, right before the police department's group photograph, nice timing, huh, my left eye started to get red. By the time I went to bed it was red and swollen. The next day I went to the eye doctor and I had an allergy and infection. So for two weeks I get to wear my glasses and put eye drops in. At least today it is only a little red and a little sore. Jayce couldn't believe I would wear my glasses to work and my wonderful co-workers, the police officers, said they were sure it was my ear infection coming out in my eye! Aren't they great!! Too bad it wasn't pink eye and I could have given it to all of them. KIDDING!! I'll take the allergy!!
Yesterday I went up to where Todd and Brodie were helping Summers in harvest. Harleigh loves to ride with her Dad in the truck. I guess the truck is named "Rootbeer Float". She hadn't seen him much that week so it was good for her to go for a ride with her Dad.
I also tried to get a couple of pictures of Brodie working in the pit. Now when I asked for a smile. At least the girls were willing to cooperate.
Brodie told me taking pictures during harvest is just crazy, then he finished by telling me "Gee Mom, I didn't even do my hair". SMART ALLECK!! I think he might have been teasing the girls. But finally he did give me a pose.
I think actually he is thinking "if I just look at her, she'll leave".
They finished early this morning so Todd and Brodie have been doing some serious napping today! It has been nice to have them closer to home this year while they have been working in harvest.
I hope this weeks starts off with no more eye or ear infections and the kids get back into the routine of things with school!



3 comments:
Sorry to hear about all your ailments! Nothing worse...well except maybe a roller working in your front yard. Hello, a little rest would have been nice I would think! Great pics of your kids working in the harvest. What hard work that is...and yes, I LOVE the smell of harvest too!
Glad to hear that they finished. I am sure that they are glad another year is over and done with harvest. Sorry to hear how sick you have been. It sure sounds like tis the season for illness. Hope it doesn't come my way....Cross my fingers!!!
I hope you are now feeling better! I'm glad you got some pics of Brodie, I never did make it up there! And the road infront of your house looks nice...now!
Post a Comment