Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas....

We went to our ward Christmas party on Friday night and Harleigh got to see Santa and tell him what she wanted for Christmas. After that she was anxious to put up Christmas decorations. Before she could leave me a note like she did for the Fall decorations I decided I better get busy so on Saturday we put up our Christmas tree. WHEW! It is always such a job to bring up all the decorations, decorate, and then put away the boxes and clean up. I love it once it is finished and am feeling a little more festive. I think we need a little snow though. Harleigh is SO excited for Christmas this year! She was into all of the decorations helping me put everything up. It got quiet for a minute and soon I heard "Mom, come find me!"
She'd created a fort out of the Christmas tree box and was hiding out. I must admit it gave me a few minutes to finish a few things before she was on to her next adventure. I swear she is busier than she was when she was 2 and much taller and MUCH MORE capable of getting into things.

3 comments:

Janiel said...

Love your tree. I think I need strung cranberries too. They just look too cute on your tree! Im glad I am not to only mom who enjoys the "hiding" time so we can get more accomplished. These things are so hard with little ones...but worth it in the end. And wow...drivers license! Burkley asked me the other day when he can have his and when I told him 9 years I realized thats gonna be here in NO time!

Mike and Bridgett said...

Your tree looks pretty. I am glad that you got with the program before Christmas got much closer. You would hate to put all that up only to take it down again so soon right?? I haven't seen you in a while. Hope all is well and that dance is going well. ;)

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!