The snow is quickly melting and today is the First Day of Spring, as Harleigh reminded me this morning, so I figured I should post this little blog about Jayce's goggles.
Since I work at the police department, every other year we have a police auction. Now I can't bid on anything, because I am an employee, not to mention I am usually busy working but Todd can bid and usually gets some good deals.
At our auction we sell items that have been stolen but that the store cannot take back. Quite a few of the items are brand new. One of the items up for sale this year was two pair of REALLY nice goggles. There was a red pair and a pink pair. Todd bid on them and got them pretty cheap considering they were about $80.00 a pair and he got both pair for under $20.00. BRAND NEW. Brodie took the red pair and Jayce got stuck with the pink pair.
I kind of figured he would never wear them and eventually Harleigh would become the proud owner. WRONG, didn't bother Jayce a bit he wore them to the Jr. High School ski/snowboard program and got teased. I'm so glad that he has a good self esteem, now don't get me wrong sometimes he doesn't but he handled everyone's teasing so well. Some of the employees at Kelly Canyon asked him "hey did you steal those from your sister" or "does your sister know you're wearing her goggles". Then he got asked "where is your dress". He wore the goggles when he went to the dog sled races in Ashton with his Uncle Smokey and cousin Colbie. Smokey told everyone that he brought his niece along. Jayce just laughs and continues to wear his PINK snow goggles. 
What can I say - I love that kid!



1 comment:
What a GREAT kid you have! Nothing better than a self-assured child!
Post a Comment