Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

42.....

Today I turn 42! I thought I would share 42 random things about me.

  1. I was born on a Friday, Todd was born on a Friday, and all of our children were born on a Friday.
  2. I was born on my Grandpa Bagley’s birthday. He died before I was born so I never met him.
  3. I am the youngest of three children.
  4. I have two older brothers. My oldest brother is nine years older than me and my next to oldest brother is five years older. My kids are the same, two boys and a girl. They are spread out in years the same to me and my brothers. Brodie is nine years older than Harleigh and Jayce is five years older than her. That was not planned.
  5. I don’t have any sisters, so I’ve grown to love my sister-in-laws.
  6. I have always lived in Rexburg, Idaho. I know boring.
  7. I married my best friend 20 years ago on May 20. We were friends first, because he was dating a friend, and then we started to date and he went into the Air Force so we had a long distance relationship. All in all I have known, been friends with, dated, and been married to Todd for 28 years. He has been a part of my life for over half of it.
  8. 20 was the day of events for Todd and I for awhile. We were married May 20, we moved into our first, and only, house a few years later on July 20, our first born was born on November 20.
  9. My favorite color is blue.
  10. I love to go for rides in the car, especially in the Fall to look at leaves.
  11. I love to go camping and to sit around the campfire and visit with family and friends.
  12. I love river floats.
  13. I love to work in my flower garden, although sometimes it doesn’t look like it.
  14. I love to do yard work, unless of course the weather is stormy and windy.
  15. I love wildflowers. I also love seeing the tulips and daffodils in the Spring and, of course, I love roses!
  16. When I was little, “Little Purple Pansies” were my favorite, one because it was a Primary song and two because my Grandma Chandler had them in her flower garden. Whenever I see little purple pansies, I think of Grandma Chandler.
  17. My middle name is Rose, my mother’s name is Rose, and my daughter, Harleigh’s middle name is Rose. Rose was my grandmother’s sister who died from injuries she received in a horse riding accident.
  18. My favorite television show was Reba, but it doesn’t come on any more, other than re-runs, which, of course, we watch and Todd bought me all of the seasons on DVD.
  19. My favorite type of music is country. I love George Straight and, of course, Reba. Todd and I have been to their concerts.
  20. Three of my greatest gifts are 16, 13, and 7. I LOVE my children.
  21. I love getting mail, not bills, and now with modern technology e-mail. Of course my kids usually are texting me with “wants” and “can I”.
  22. I love to read books, especially mystery books.
  23. I love to watch the fire and hear the wood crackle and pop in our fireplace when it is snowing outside.
  24. I love the smell of rain and to listen to the rain.
  25. I graduated from Ricks College, now BYU-Idaho with a One Year Certificate in Office Education. I was always interested in a job in the secretarial field.
  26. I have worked at the Rexburg Police Department for the past 15 years. Prior to that, I worked as a legal secretary for the Madison County Prosecuting Attorney for eight years.
  27. I absolutely HATE needles and I’m not fond of spending any time in hospitals. I REALLY do not appreciate that my husband and family think that we need to be frequent flyers at the hospital. I cannot watch them give me a shot, draw blood, or put in an IV. I usually have to look the other way. I’m extremely difficult to draw blood from, I think my veins panic, just like me.
  28. I’m not real fond of crowds and they can make me feel anxious, but sometimes you just can’t avoid them if you want to go to a craft fair, fair, a country concert, or even Walmart when the BYU-Idaho students are in town.
  29. My dream vacation would be a trip to Hawaii, or a cruise to Hawaii. Of course I could also dream of other places like England.
  30. I’ve never flown outside of the United States.
  31. I don’t really have a favorite sport, usually it is anything that my kids are playing and I am watching and cheering on.
  32. My favorite drink…Diet Pepsi. I try and try to quit drinking it but it’s my addiction.
  33. Two favorite things…red Starbursts and Reeses Miniature Peanut Butter Cups.
  34. I like to cook and enjoy cooking with the kids in the kitchen.
  35. My favorite pet is a dog.
  36. I love traditions and making new ones. My fondest memories are the traditions my family had and that I have kept, along with new ones.
  37. I am thankful for wonderful parents and even for my two big brothers.
  38. Two things my parents used to tell me that have stuck. Whenever I would go out with friends or dates my dad always said “Remember who you are!” When I was little my mom always said “You’re only as pretty as you are on the inside!”
  39. I enjoy spending time with my family and my extended family. I work with such a great bunch of people that a lot of them have also become “extended family”.
  40. I love a warm chocolate chip cookie and love making them with my kids.
  41. One of my favorite things is dutch oven chicken and scones. Maybe because when I was little my Grandpa Chandler would cook dutch oven chicken for large groups and we would pull the dough for the scones. After Grandpa passed away my Dad’s dutch oven chicken is what I love. Of course, Mom’s potato salad goes great with it. If Dad makes some peach cobbler to go with it, YUM!!
  42. I have grown to love blogging and all of the blogging buds that I have met. Blogging has really made me stop and appreciate day to day things as I think about what to blog about. It has also made me take a TON more pictures, even if it annoys those around me.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Happy 42nd Birthday Colette. I hope your day is wonderful!!! See you @ swim lessons.

Chris said...

What 42 great things!! Hope you have a very Happy Birthday!!

Janel aka NANA said...

Happy Birthday, I loved your 42 things. I can get on your blog, sorry I didn't email last night. I will call or email you in the next few days. Life seems so crazy lately!! Have a great day!!

Kara said...

Happy Birthday! I hope that you have a good day!!

blaine said...

42 things man I thought I was in long winded :) o ya by the way I guess I should say happy birthday well for you sad day in history for me:) 28 years you've known Todd crap pass the antidepresents!!!

Shari said...

Happy Birthday, I hope your day was great!

Ashley's Cakes by Design said...

Well happy birthday!!! So much for the officer's telling their wives so we can throw you a party!? I hope it was great!

Janiel said...

Loved reading all about you...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you had a wonderful one!