Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Air Soft Guns

So for a long time we have been having a "discussion" with the boys about getting Air Soft Guns. They want them SO bad. But a few years ago when I asked where they would shoot them they said, which didn't help their case, we'll have wars with our friends, you shoot at your friends. "Oh yeah, sure let's go buy you a gun to shoot at your friends" was my first reaction. But I've asked others and I realize that if they are wearing the proper clothing and it is not a high powered gun their chances of getting hurt are less, but still Todd and I have still held off.

For Brodie's day date to the dance they were going to go horse back riding but that didn't work out and then they came up with Air Soft Guns, which for the most part they shot at targets. Brodie still had the guns that one of the boys had provided for the date so we let the kids try them out shooting this little target in our back yard.

We all got in the action.Harleigh has gone with Todd and the boys to the gun range to shoot Todd's guns and so she was a little hesitant that it was going to make a LOUD noise so she was hiding behind Brodie for protection.Once she decided it was okay, she was willing to give it a try. Brodie even helped out his mother, after all it was on Mother's Day. We were all actually having a good time target practicing. Todd and I went in the house and I told him that maybe if they wore protective clothing for their "wars" and did some target practice in the back yard it would be okay to get them some. Then we talked about "yeah, how long with that last". Not ten minutes later in walks Harleigh saying "we are having a blast, Brodie hit Jayce a couple times but he's okay, cops and robbers is so fun". Yup pretty much what we thought they would do!

So in case you are wondering, we're still debating this whole Air Soft Gun thing.

1 comment:

blaine said...

man the you hold the gun makes you look like the charlies angeles copper ladies when they started the show, I also like the way your twin looks the oppiset way when she shoots of course what do you expect from a kid with green hair