Brodie went to the Commencement Dance, Senior Prom, Saturday night. I think he looked so handsome in his tuxedo, but it did make me want to cry seeing him so grown up.
He took Ashley Crittenden to the dance. I think they looked so handsome/beautiful.
They triple dated. Brodie and Ashley with Brodie's good friend, Greg Bird, and Greg's older sister Jacqui Bird. Jacqui's date was Ty Schiffler. Greg's date was Valerie Preston.

Greg's date isn't in the pictures that I took because they hadn't picked her up yet. Poor Greg had been playing soccer all day in Pocatello and had just barely gotten home and they were headed to pick her up after we finished with our picture taking.
I had to get a picture of Greg and Brodie together. These two have been friends since Kindergarten and they both looked so handsome and grown up. Where has the time gone?

Now I have to tell the rest of the story because it makes me laugh, it's a little long but as I've said before this is a form of my journal so bear with me.
Last Sunday night Brodie asked me "so Mom if you go to prom what do you wear?" Brodie turned 16 last November and has not been on a date yet or to any of the school dances so I was a little excited that he might be thinking of asking someone to the dance. Then he went on to tell me that Valerie and Ashley, who are Jacqui's friends and also Seniors, had not been asked to the dance yet so Jacqui and her Mom thought it would be a good idea for Greg and Brodie to ask the girls to the dance.
Brodie has actually known and been around Ashley since he was about 10 and she was 12, so I think he was excited to ask her to the dance. One problem...Brodie was scheduled to work on Saturday night, the night of the dance. Brodie tried and tried to get the night off and FINALLY heard that he could switch shifts with another boy Thursday morning as he was going to school.
I asked him if he had any ideas on how to ask her to the dance. "Yeah Mom". That is all he would tell me.
After school I asked Brodie if he had asked Ashley to the dance yet, his reply "Not yet Mom but I will". Okay, I thought, I mean what is the rush??? Pretty soon he and Greg stopped in to my work to see me. They informed me that they had rented their tuxes. I just had to laugh and said "Don't you think you guys should ask the girls first?" They just laughed. Then Brodie proceeds to tell me "I'm gonna look good Mom, my tux is black with a pink vest and tie." Now I told him "Don't you usually match your tux with your date's dress". "Well yeah Mom but Jacqui said her dress is black and pink". Okay. I'm still laughing that they haven't asked the girls yet.
Thursday night I took Harleigh to swimming lessons and on the way home I called Brodie and told him that maybe he should go ask Ashley that night, just so she could have time to prepare and also so that he could order flowers on Friday. His reply "Don't worry Mom, Jacqui has already ordered the flowers". Okay now I'm laughing because they still have not asked their dates.
He left early for school Friday so that he could ask her, which he did. Apparently there was some "inside joke" between Ashley and Brodie about him catching a fish and catching her sometime a few years ago so he gave her a fishing pole, candy worms, and fish saying something like "I caught you once and let you go but this time I'd like to reel you in to be my date to the dance." After school he went and picked up his tux and left for work, to cover the shift he had switched.
That night a bag of goldfish crackers and a net were delivered saying "You think you caught me, but have you really? Go fishing and you'll find out."
Well because the dance was the next night and I was anxious to see Ashley's answer, we took the fish to Craigo's where Brodie was working only to find that Brodie was having chest pains. We cancelled our dinner plans, got Brodie and his bag of fish and Todd took him up to the hospital for some tests. It turned out that everything was fine but by the time we got home we forgot about the fish.
The next morning Brodie got up and asked his grandparents to borrow their Suburban/Denali. I remembered the fish and told Brodie "Maybe you better make sure she said yes before you borrow the Denali".
We dug through all those fish three times and finally found a small piece of paper that said "yes".
Anyhow it all turned out great and they had a lot of fun, thanks to Greg's big sister, Jacqui, who is like a big sister to Brodie, for helping him get everything arranged.



2 comments:
He does look mighty handsome all dressed up. I am sure that he was a great date. I hope it was a good experience for everyone!
Harleigh was telling us about this and she said, "Ya, Brodie is going to the dance, He picked out a girl and everything, it's so exciting" I just laughed at her wording.
Post a Comment