Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Harleigh's Terrible Tooth Fairy Tale

I picked Harleigh up from the babysitter on Thursday. She was so excited she had lost ANOTHER tooth. That's a total of seven now. Soon she's going to be back to baby food because she's not going to have any teeth to eat with.

She was so excited about loosing this tooth because now that she has started the First Grade her teacher, Mrs. Ricks, has a chart that they can put their name on. She couldn't wait for the tooth fairy to come and then to go to school and put her name on the chart. She even went to bed early.

The next morning I heard her crying hysterically in her bedroom and I KNEW what had happened. That DARN tooth fairy had forgotten to come! GREAT!!! I tried to console her but there was just no consoling her, she was SO upset. She said that if the tooth fairy was not going to come then she wasn't going to loose any more teeth.

Luckily I remembered that Todd had once called the tooth fairy when she had forgotten one of Brodie's teeth. So we called Dad to the rescue. He was able to get a hold of the tooth fairy and came home to explain to Harleigh that a lot of kids had lost their teeth Thursday and she wasn't able to make it to everyone's house. She apologized. She told Todd that if Harleigh was a good girl and went to school she would try to visit while she was at school and bring her money and a surprise. Well much to my surprise, the surprise that the tooth fairy got for Harleigh was scratch tickets, but hey Harleigh was THRILLED! When I got home she was busily scratching them to see if she won. Good thing the tooth fairy picked a surprise that Harleigh's Dad likes too.















She got $1.00 from the tooth fairy and won another $1.00 from the scratch tickets. DARN that tooth fairy any way. Good thing that Dad saved the day!!

2 comments:

Janiel said...

I just giggled and giggled reading your post! I am worried I would forget too...thank heavens for dads! Burkley has a loose tooth and is dying for it to come out so the tooth fairy will come give him money. LOVE the lottery tickets! Our tooth fairy might just have to try that. Burkley would get a huge kick out of that.

Mike and Bridgett said...

Honestly, I need that number to the good ol' tooth fairy. Great idea she had for a little gaming and some money. It can make up for anything!