Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Husband Tagged

I got "husband tagged" by Michelle.

I mostly talk about our children so this is good for me to focus on Todd for one of my posts.
  1. How did you first meet? At a Madison/South Fremont High School basketball game. That was back in the day that Madison and South Fremont were rivals! I went to Madison and Todd went to South Fremont. Madison won by the way!!

  2. How long did you date before you got married? A VERY long time! We met my sophomore year and he dated my best friend for a year. When they broke up Todd and I stayed friends. We then started dating my senior year. He went in the Air Force and we had a long distance "Ma Bell" type relationship for four years until he came home and we were engaged for four months and then married. Oh what I would have given for cell phones and calling cards back then. Our mothers HATED our phone bills! All in all probably five years. We met in 1983 and were married in 1989. WOW, that is a LONG time ago!!

  3. How long have you been married? 19 years. 20 years in May.

  4. What does he do that surprises you? His gifts. He can make me think he has totally forgotten me on my birthday, Christmas, and anniversaries and then gives me something that he has really thought out and is meaningful! The year Harleigh was born I had always wanted a gliding rocker. Christmas Eve one was delivered to the house. I was SO excited. But then he really surprised me the next morning when he gave me a Shirley print of the Idaho Falls Temple with the date that we were sealed as a family on it. I cried and cried. The boys said "Dad, I don't think she likes it!"

  5. What is your favorite feature of his? His brown eyes.

  6. What is your favorite quality of his? He always tells me "Don't sweat the small stuff".

  7. What is his nickname for me? Cozy. It is because his little brother went to school with a girl named Cozette and he could never remember my name so he called my Cozy. The name just stuck! His family used to always call him Rudy, nick names are very common in his family. I've shortened his nickname to "Rude" a few times and the kids have often questioned why I call dad rude.

  8. What is his favorite food? Anything that is meat and potatoes, a good steak!

  9. What is his favorite sport? No particular favorite. He just watches them all!

  10. What is a hidden talent he has? He can snore the ABC's. KIDDING! Actually he has beautiful handwriting.

  11. What is his favorite type of music? Country but he occasionally likes to listen to some hard rock.

  12. What is something you admire most about him? He is VERY patriotic.

  13. Do you think he will read this? He might. He occasionally reads the blog.

1 comment:

Ashton & Co. said...

I'm glad you did it! Thanks for being a good sport- it's fun to learn more about you guys!