Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

What? No Pictures??

Yesterday was Harleigh's day for Show and Tell. Because of our trauma on Friday with the tooth fairy, her Dad had been trying to cheer her up that morning. He told her that he thought he could bring the garbage truck that he drives to Show and Tell. Since there is nothing better in a young child's eyes than the garbage truck, Harleigh couldn't wait to tell her teacher and they made arrangements.

I was all set to head over at the designated time and take pictures but when I called Todd to make sure he had gotten a hold of Mrs. Ricks he said he had just finished with the Show and Tell. WHAT? NO PICTURES?? Okay, I admit maybe this blog thing is making me a little obsessive with the pictures, but hey I thought it would be fun to get pictures!!

I guess it was a hit and all of the kids thought it was cool to sit in the garbage truck and watch the monitor and see how everything operates. So even without me and my camera and pictures, it was a pretty cool Show and Tell.

It is so funny because Todd can seem like such a grumpy guy but here are little kids all over town who get up early and wait for him to come by in the garbage truck. He gets fan mail occasionally with pictures that the kids have drawn for him. It is pretty cute.

2 comments:

Janiel said...

You guys deserve the best show and tell award! What a great idea! Burkley would have pee-ed his pants to be able to "sit" in a garbage truck. He thinks they are the greatest things in the world!

Mike and Bridgett said...

That is seriously SWEET! I can't even imagine how excited my kids would be for that show and tell. My kids literally do watch every second of the garbage truck as it comes by. Harleigh is such a lucky little girl!