Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Autumn Greetings!

Harleigh has been begging me to put up our Fall decorations. Not that we have a lot of them, but she has been feeling festive since the leaves began to change colors on the trees. We put up a couple of things this weekend and then I told her I would get out the box on Tuesday while Todd and the boys were at the church. Tonight she didn't forget! After I got home from work she reminded me we were putting up the decorations. So I told her once dinner and the dishes were finished but then I got a phone call about the time we were going to put them up and she made me this note!

Now for a First Grader who is sounding out all of her words DACERASHN translates to DECORATION. The red face and frowny face translate to Harleigh is upset and you better get off the phone Mom. I hurried my phone call and we finished putting up our decorations outside and then came inside.

I'm glad that she enjoys putting up decorations and enjoying the seasons. The weather has been so nice and the leaves on the trees are so pretty right now. Soon enough we'll be shoveling snow so for now I'll just get ready to enjoy raking leaves, which she reminded me is SO FUN to jump in the middle of a pile of leaves!!

So from Harleigh and me Autumn Greetings!

4 comments:

Janiel said...

The note cracked me up! Kids are so expressive!

Ashton & Co. said...

I love your decorations! I think Harleigh is so smart! That note is precious! Cute pics and story- I can totally picture the whole phone call thing the way you wrote it. We'll be seeing you at Harvest! Yeah! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Colette.......what a cute family you have! Thanks for sharing your blog with me! I love your fall decor! :)

Robyn said...

Very Cute! Love her note - I have lots of those around my house on any given day, too.