Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Dance lessons ended and swimming lessons began. My sister-in-law, Kim, was taking my niece, Brentlie, to the Acquatic Center in Idaho Falls for swimming lessons so I decided to sign Harleigh up since Rexburg doesn't have a swimming pool. SO SAD!!

Anyhow, it has worked out well because the lessons are in the evening and I don't even have to rearrange my work schedule, which has been nice.

Harleigh, Brentlie, and one of Kim's friend's little girl's, Audrey, go at the same time. Brentlie and Audrey are in the same class and Harleigh is in a different one.

The first night Harleigh was a little nervous to be by herself and she was way nervous that she might have a boy teacher, which, sure enough, she did, but later she told me he was pretty cool "for a boy".


The first night after swimming lessons we were riding home and had the following conversation:

Me: Harleigh, you'll have to take a bath when we get home and wash your hair.

Harleigh: I don't want to.

Me: You have to or your hair will turn green from swimming.

Harleigh: No it won't.

Audrey: Uh, huh, that is what my Mom tells me.

Brentlie: No sir! Mom will our hair turn green?

Kim: Yes it will.

Harleigh, Brentlie, and Audrey all at the same time scream "Eeeeeewwwww, I'm washing my hair!"

Once we got home Harleigh was running for the tub to wash her hair. After she was finished she just kept looking at the water. She told me she didn't see any green in the tub.

The next night after swimming lessons she came home and was so tired she fell asleep on the couch. When she woke up to go to bed she FREAKED out because she just knew her hair was going to turn green if she didn't get it washed.

I'm not so sure that I should have told her that, but hey we haven't had to argue about baths and washing her hair!?!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Collette,
I'm so glad HarLeigh decided to take swim lessons with the girls. We have so much fun. I love to watch their progress every week.
Thanks again for taking such great pictures. see you Thursday!!!

Mike and Bridgett said...

I love telling my kids stuff like that. ANYTHING for a little cooperation right?!?! Swimming lessons look so fun there! I should think about that for my kids. We actually go down to Utah and stay with my parents for a week while the kids take lessons. It is fun. I loved catching up with your blog! I am glad your break is over!

Controlling My Chaos said...

I tell my girls stuff like that all the time. Hey, if it works . . .