Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Bridal Shower and Quilt

Like I said, I'm so far behind in my posts. Last weekend my niece, Maryanna, was married, but before I post wedding pictures I want to post her bridal shower pictures.


On Tuesday, July 14, my Mom and I hosted a bridal shower for Maryanna. It was a kitchen/food storage shower in hopes that Maryanna would get some things to help her in her kitchen, along with a few storage items so her and Cody don't starve.

One thing that was nice was I was finally able to meet some of Maryanna's "GNI" friends. "GNI" stands for Girls Night In. It is a group of girls she has been friends with since I think Jr. High School and each month they've gotten together and had a "night in" at one of their houses. They went on a Senior Trip to California this summer. The "GNI" girls were there to see her when she came out of the temple last weekend and they were there to help at the reception. What a great group! I'm glad she has had great friends to help her along the way.

Harleigh was so excited about the bridal shower and she was a BIG help getting everything ready. She was so cute about the shower. A couple of weeks prior we had gone to my babysitter Sheila's daughter, Kristen's baby shower. Harleigh wanted the food to be just like at Kristen's shower. We had fruit kabobs, chicken salad, croissants, and cupcakes. Kristen's cupcakes were from the Cocoa Bean but Harleigh settled on helping Grandma make cupcakes. Harleigh helped me shop for everything and helped Grandma get a lot of the food ready. She helped me decorate and finish with the food.

Tammie and Maryanna had been working on a quilt for Maryanna and Cody. My Mom went over and helped Maryanna tie it one day, so, of course, I had to capture a picture of the two of them working on it.

2 comments:

Morrows said...

How fun. It looks like Harleigh had a great time helping.

blaine said...

looks like both mom and maryanna were on step ladders to be that high up above the quilt.