Remember every day to "Make a Memory"!

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Last Camping Trip

Last week my parents took Jayce and Harleigh camping with them before school started. They went to one of our favorite camgrounds, Buffalo Campground. When my Mom retired, Dad and her bought a trailer and they took the grandkids there quite a bit. Harleigh wasn't even born when they started their camping trips in the trailer. Brodie and Jayce have fond memories of floating the river with my niece and nephew, Michael and Maryanna, so this campground has always been a favorite, I think because they have had so much fun there.

Harleigh called me at work Friday and said that if I would come up camping she would make me a smore so I decided why not. Todd stayed home and Brodie had to be to work early Saturday morning so he stayed home too. After work I drove up and got there just in time for dinner, good timing I know. After dinner we went down to the dock so Jayce could fish.
While Jayce was fishing Harleigh practiced on the "balance beam". Later Harleigh cooked up the promised smore!

Here is the look you get if the smore isn't perfect.

Jayce cooked a few too.

A couple of my pictures were double exposed, I had to include them because they looked kind of cool.

The next morning Jayce helped cook breakfast. He's turning into quite the chef.

One thing I learned about going camping with them was that the kids have the whole routine down with Grandma and Grandpa and I was just in the way, if I tried to take plates to the table one of them had already done it. If I needed to put something away, I better put it in the right place or I was in trouble. GEEZ!! I finally just decided to sit back and relax so I didn't get into as much trouble. It was kind of nice! It was a fun getaway for the evening. Thanks Mom and Dad for taking the kids and letting me come up too.

1 comment:

blaine said...

i like the flames coming out of harleigh's head reminds me of her mom when she was a kid