The day before school starts the School District and City of Rexburg, along with other agencies hold a Celebrate Youth event in Porter Park. The police department is in charge of making and handing out free popcorn. The entire event is FREE!! There is free popcorn, free cotton candy, free ice cream, free dinner, free train rides, free carousel rides, splash park, etc. Can I just say that FREE brings out so, so many people. This is a crazy day!!! It is fun for the kids, but it is so, so CROWDED!!!!! Usually I'm busy helping in the booth but this year at 5:00 p.m. I said I'm done, I only signed up until 5:00 p.m. so I ventured out into the crowd with Harleigh. Harleigh had been there since it began with her friend, Heidi and Heidi's family.
My sister-in-law Kim and niece Courtnie also came with Brentlie, Kaydn, and Emma. 

Courtnie took Kaydn to the Splash Park and he had a blast, but I guess he just didn't get enough water because while we were waiting for the drawing he found another puddle and was quite happy.
They give away all kinds of cool things including a Wii and a Nintendo DS that Harleigh really, really wanted but we didn't win. She soon forgot. After a little while I took Harleigh home. One thing I HATE about this event is it is the day before school starts, the day I want dinner fixed, clothes laid out, baths taken, and in bed early, I'm ready for the ROUTINE!! The boys got home later, after the dance was over.



No comments:
Post a Comment