I am so far behind in my blogging. The month of July was very busy for us and I captured the month on camera, just haven't blogged about it so bear with me as I try to catch up. I'm hoping to make slide shows of our activities and get caught up.
On July 9, 10, 11, 12 we went on the annual Rexburg Police Department campout. This is the second year that we have gone to the Big Elk campground near Palisades. I love, love this campground. It is great for a group of people and the price is extremely reasonable. It is far enough from the main road and water that you don't have to worry about the kids as much.
We go with several of my co-workers and their families. It is great for the kids because there are other kids their age and they pretty much just entertain themselves, making it much more relaxing for parents.
The kids have always loved looking for shells. Julie filled me in that the campground that we go to used to be under water, thus all of the shells the kids find. Since they love looking for shells we go on a lot of small hikes looking for them, which keeps the kids busy. On Saturday Julie and I took the kids on a hike and the girls loved picking flowers. They ended up with a huge bouquet of flowers that they made into smaller bouquets for the tables for dinner that night.
We always have some great food while we are there. Corey made some meatloaf Friday night that was YUMMY. We also tried out some corn on the cob that he had at the Farmer's Market, and it turned out really good.
We even had to drive to Swan Valley to get the famous square ice cream cones. I really wished I wouldn't have left my camera behind because those kids faces were covered!
We have dinner with everyone on Saturday night and a lot of the officers and their families, come up just for the evening. Corey made up some delicious ribs and Rick made some great chicken and potatoes. We had ribs, potatoes, chicken, scones, baked beans, salads and desserts. It was DELICIOUS.
The entire campout was a lot of fun and pretty much injury free until, as we were all cleaning up getting ready to leave, Todd went to take everyone's garbage to the bear proof garbage containers and it came down on his finger, almost cutting it off and breaking his finger. Thank goodness for everyone's help to finish loading my parents trailer and kids up so that Todd and I could leave right away and go to EIRMC to get his finger sewn back on!
Here are a few of the pictures from the weekend, I took so many that I didn't post them all.
I'm glad that I work with such a great group that we can enjoy doing things together. We have a great "extended" family!
15 years ago






1 comment:
That was a fun campout! No better way to spend our anniversary!!
Post a Comment